Climate Bonds Conference2020 in September is a must-attend online event for anyone looking to play a role in shaping the global green finance agenda in this new decade.
While we’ll be marking how far green finance has progressed in the last ten years, our gaze is firmly fixed towards 2030.
At Conference2020 you’ll be a part of:
- Exciting panel discussions in English with live interpretations in Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese with the most influential sustainable investment, ESG & green finance specialists
- Using an award-winning event app you can watch the sessions on your desktop or on your mobile
- Gaining insights into transition solutions, green finance markets and green growth outcomes
- Understanding regulation directions to support harmonisation and mainstreaming green and climate investment in global and regional financial systems
- Making your own contributions, building a shared understanding on a 2020s agenda of change, of urgency and action in scaling up mitigation, adaptation and resilience investment to trillion-dollar levels
Climate Bonds Initiative will mark its 10th Anniversary in 2020
Over the last decade, Climate Bonds has worked to mobilise the largest capital market of all, the $100 trillion bond market for climate change solutions.
Much has been achieved in our first ten years. Yet the challenge remains undiminished and the climate emergency grows.
Covid-19 has provided a stark pointer to the disruptive impacts of the future & the importance of strengthening social adaptation and resilience.
The crisis has also shown that governments, regulators and the financial sector can respond far more quickly in change policy previously thought possible.
Let’s apply that lesson to Transition.
At Conference2020 the Climate Bonds vision for the next ten years - the Transition Decade - will be open for online discussion and debate amongst investors, asset managers, policymakers and civil society stakeholders.
Will you join us?
2020 will also mark the fifth occasion of our Green Bond Awards, the most prestigious international acknowledgement of leadership and innovation in green bonds and green finance market development. Since 2016, 132 organisations and individuals have been recognized as pioneers for their contributions to green finance.
Welcome to Climate Bonds Conference & Awards 2020.
For the last four years, we have marked the GBPA in a live event at the Climate Bonds Annual Conference in London. Due to the pandemic, the announcement of the 2020 Awards was deferred to July, to ensure suitable public recognition of all recipients, well in advance of the September conference dates.
"The Climate Bonds annual conference in 2019 saw over 900 people come from 55 countries to discuss how to grow green finance - and the underlying activity needed to transform our economies - that is commensurate with the huge challenge of addressing climate change.
The conference has grown from only 100 people four years ago into what is today. The world's largest green finance conference. Across three lively, highly interactive, and future-focused days we heard from 145 speakers in 20 sessions, including a series of nine in-depth roundtables.
The global community of investment, capital and finance specialists who joined us left buzzing with energy to keep pushing change, and growth of green bonds, loans and new investment.
Thank you to everyone who joined us to make the 2019 conference such a success."
Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative